Master of Science in Cyber Security (2021-2022)
This specification provides a concise summary of the main features of the post graduate programme and the learning outcomes that a typical student might reasonably be expected to achieve and demonstrate if she/he takes full advantage of the learning opportunities that are provided.
|Award Institution:||Innovative Knowledge Institute (Paris Graduate School)|
|Teaching Institution:||Innovative Knowledge Institute (Paris Graduate School)|
|Mode of Study:||Full time / Part time (Online)|
|Duration in Years:||1|
|Final Award:||Master of Science (MSc)|
|Name of Award:||Cyber Security|
|Programme Head:||Dr. Christos P. Beretas, Ph.D (email@example.com)|
With the dramatic increase in high-profile cyber security incidents, the demand for highly skilled security professionals is growing significantly as businesses across the globe seek to protect their networks and data. Our MSc in Cyber Security provides you with a critical understanding of information governance and assurance, combined with technology risk management practices.
This MSc aims to deliver such a multi-disciplinary cyber security programme, primarily targeted as a broadening qualification for computer science graduates (or a closely related subject plus significant computing experience), and thus a bridge between an undergraduate degree and a career in cyber security. The modules which comprise this Masters degree cover state of the art techniques, technologies, and supporting tools, and expose students to their applications in meeting emerging cyber security challenges.
Educational Aims of the Programme
- Equip you with an advanced knowledge of multi-disciplinary cyber security principles.
- Offer you the opportunity to study in a leading, interdisciplinary and research-intensive environment.
- Develop your transferable research skills and interdisciplinary knowledge for a wide range of information.
- Stimulate your interest in the application of cyber security.
- Develop your ability to assess and manage both security and risks.
- Understanding of the social and human factors as they apply to cyber crime.
- Expose you to a range of cyber security frameworks.
- Give you a “hands on” perspective on applying cyber security principles.
Programme Learning Outcomes
On successful completion of this programme you will have knowledge and understanding of:
- Key concepts of cyber security, including social, organisational and technological aspects of cyber security.
- Develop cyber security practices, frameworks, technologies and tools used to apply those practices.
- Emerging hot topics, challenges for cyber security.
- principles and practices to a project in an professional environment;
Programme Entry Requirements
A Bachelor degree in an appropriate subject, or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard from a recognised higher education institution.
- if English is not the first language, a minimum of IELTS of 6.0 with no skill level below 5.5.
- 2 Professional or Academic recommendation letters.
- Any projects or research in Cyber Security.
Structure of the Programme
The programme is offered on a full-time / part time basis and duration of the programme is one year full time, or 2 years part time.
The Master of Science in Cyber Security comprises two academic semesters, each comprising five modules. Students will study ten modules, in total, each of which is equivalent to 12 credit points.The Master of Science in Cyber Security is therefore equivalent to a total of 120 credit points.Students who successfully complete the whole programme of the Master of Science in Cyber Security degree will be awarded.
|CS100||Foundations in Cyber Security|
|CS150||Cyber Crime and Dark Web|
|CS500||Capstone Project / Research|